What have we been doing since the fall. Why do I blog? I think I blog to make sure my kids have a memory in the future of all the cool stuff they got to see and do. So if one of them ever goes to therapy and says my childhood was tough I can pull this out and say- look here….. Also I guess I like to reflect on how good life has been. So much sadness and unexpected change can happen in the world, the worlds of our friends, and ours. Blogging helps me keep perspective on life.
So what have we been doing.
Birch was still into fencing despite our recoil at the damn buzzers that go off every two minutes in youth fencing. He got a medal finally in one of his matches. He still does flute but added sax also. Cole was into downhill skiing some with his obsessive skier dad. Both did Zany cross country skiing but Birch is more of a cross country skier – not even skate skiing and Cole is a “get me a rush kind of skier”. Cole stuck with violin but I fear his passion is waning. We are still on Suzuki one…..He has started Hip hop/gymnastic team. It is not a competition team but a performance team. They both just finished a round of Lacrosse. Despite my not being at all a soccer mom we went to four tournaments all out of town and survived. I think actually Birch likes it more than Cole even though Birch does not like to hit be hit or run too much. Cole did get his first goal yesterday. It was the last goal of the last game of the season- so we will see if that stick s in his memory for choosing or not choosing Lacrosse next year. Both kids love school and read alllll the time so we are lucky.
Both got braces. Cole mastered the Ipad photo shop. Cole made 8 million loom bands. Cole did some choir in the winter and was pretty good. Birch read and read and read and lapped and read.
David has been busy at work but loves his job and his challenges. He travels anywhere from 32-26% of the time depending on if you are asking me or him. He skied any weekend I let him and is back into soccer this spring. He is ready to make some changes with the house so I think that means we are sticking around for a while.
I love my job also. Busy but rewarding. I did Off the Rack condom fashion show again and performed in Abortion Monologues again. Mostly I just mommed and worked. I trained to do vasectomies again.
We had turkey day with my family. We went skiing with David’s over xmas. We went to Vietnam for spring break. The kid and I did a weekend in Seattle when David was gone to see Lion King from Broadway and a weekend at Fairmont hot springs to warm up when David was gone. We also went to Salt Lake for So You Think You Can Dance.
Finally after terrible months in the winter we conquered mutant lice that lived in our kids heads. And I mean mutant!!!!!
My favorite Birchism- In his 5k cross country ski race he was taking too long so David ran out to find him and found him just skiing a long. “ Dad is this the most beautiful day you have ever seen.” “ Birch you are in a race” “ I know but I get a medal no matter what since there are only 3 in the race”
Second Birchism “ anyone can hi or check me in Lacrosse but I won’t his back”
My favorite Colism- too many to remember but watching a sad TV show with me. “ Birch would you rather mom die or dad die if one had to die?”- “ Cole mom is sitting with us”
Second Colism - every time he had to defend in Lacrosse he introduced himself to the other team player and sometimes they got so caught up in conversation the ball flew right by them both.
So here are the pics of the late fall, winter, and now spring – no explanation except the above…..
Soon to come Vietnam experience.
Peace to all our friends all over the world. Missing everyone and think of you often.
joey
No comments:
Post a Comment