We went to the coast for a four day weekend. School is out to celebrate the end of Ramadan. http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Ramadan/
We drove eight hours to a lodge on the beach. Turns out we were the only guests this time. So one staff person for every family member.
We got to see green sea turtles hatching and making their way to the water for the first time. See our friends who are helping them at this web site. http://www.kasa-divers.com/index.php?action=news2
This is our bungalow and pool. The ocean had lots of seaweed and since Cole is a freak for seaweed we had a lot of pool time. Birch however is a fish and will swim in any water any time any place.
Screen time even on the beach. IPod mania to relax in the shade.
Sandy beach island that used to have trees. We went snorkeling. Lots of illegal fishing – this is a reserve, but the Africans still fish it. Hard to be angry since no other place for them to get food and no education on how not fishing it would be better in the long run for food. A real frustrating story that is making slow slow slow changes.
Waiting for the ferry that takes us across the water inlet to the main land before the eight hour drive. Kids already bored but staying happy on top of the car.
Cole’isms:
Wouldn’t it be great if there were a world with power all the time so that I did not have to ask you “ is there power can I play Wii I could just ask if I could play Wii?” - he says after only two weeks returning from the states.
After not being at Emayani for two years and then going and seeing the dog again “that dog knows my scent”.
Every morning waking up: Who are you? ( either a character in movie we watched the night before or a book we read) today I was the raccoon's wife in “ Furry Revenge” the movie.
My birthday is gonna be batman. ( Dec 13th) I tell him great I will buy him a batman suit and he says no- he is robin Birch is batman.
“ I hope birch will play kings and knights with me. He can be the king and I can be a knight or may be his royal dog”
No comments:
Post a Comment