Started with a trip to Tulsa for family and friends. Great time seeing cousins and friend cousins. Caught up with old and I do not mean old but long time friends. Sushi- yes even in Tulsa. The kids most amazing day at Splish Splash which is totally gross giant water park with too many people. Fireworks American style. Lots of strip mall shopping and too much fast food for me ( I am a fast food weakling.)
Then to Missoula Montana to see if this is the place of the future for us. Met great friends and had great outdoor adventures. The summer had just come so we had the best month ever. I could see us living there for sure. I wish some of our AK friends would move there too. AK old crew got together ( this time I think I meant old) and went rafting and camping. Lots of fun with kids all running around. I miss those trips. Giraffes and zebras don’t talk to you when you are camping.
Lastly to Maine for the kids to go to CAMP MIMI. Three days of total cousin fun. The last night Cole screamed bloody murder and cried when the cousins left.
Now back to Africa. Long flight and long recovery but finally slept the whole night thru. No power for 80 hours on for 4 and then off again. No diesel anywhere in town today. Kids missing family and cousins, but school started so they are in the groove now. Planning small safari for the weekend if the gas comes back to town, but Dar has not had any for 5 days- so we may be staying home. Not sure how long more we have – at least one year and then we will see. Loved MT work- any great jobs in Maine???? Sorry mom Tulsa is not in the future except for long happy visits.
Cole’isms:
How much longer until Africa? ( one hour after leaving Maine- in the car still on the way to the airport to go to Africa)
I wish it were xmas tomorrow. (midnight second night back while not sleeping) ( so he could get one more present – he was overrun by presents, media, commercials in USA)
Is there power? ( the minute we walk into our house because he missed his Wii in America)
Can I have some Candy? ( he just says this a million times a day)
You need some five hour energy. ( he says to me when I am tired because he read it on every aisle of every supermarket in USA)
Did you bring any shaker weights? ( when I leave to exercise, because then I could exercise at home- also seen on commercial in USA)
Peace to all- talk soon if power stays on.
joey
No comments:
Post a Comment