Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lesson: Be home for moms day and you get cool gifts

When I got back from USA that Sunday was Mom Day.  Boys made cards and helped daddy make my favorite breakfast.  They made eggs benedict with spinach from the garden.  No English muffins, but great really thin cut toast and…..David made homemade hollandaise sauce ( then told me I couldn’t eat the rest of the day because my calorie count had reached its max just with the sauce.)  David with help from his parents got me a painting by and Tanzanian/Indian artist that lives in Dar and was showing at the art museum in Arusha.  I love this painting because it depicts African women anywhere in Africa.  Always together, always in bright colors,, always with babies on their backs.  It could be Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, Cameroon….Thanks to my boys……….I love them.

photomay 2011 071

No comments: