Monday, June 21, 2010

Adventure: Lake Natron Camping in Africa

Started on our 7 our- sorry 6 hours 15 minutes only David says- journey. We planned a camping trip with our own tents etc.. Three hours in and we have our first flat. As much as we travel in our Prado "named the green mjusi"- we only get a flat this trip. Matt and David fix the flat while a curious Masai woman watches. You can see the road??? below to see why we might get flats more often.

DSCN0669 DSCN0672DSCN0671DSCN0675 DSCN0674 DSCN0704

Here is some of what we see on the road. The birds are Kori Bustards. The largest flying bird Birch tells me. We also say giraffes, wildebeests, zebras and more but we have to see tons now to feel like taking pictures. The place was windy and dusty and we saw so many dust tornadoes.

DSCN0676 DSCN0685 DSCN0687 DSCN0689

DSCN0693DSCN0692

We went to visit the flamingos and the kids got a special on-top- of- the- safari- car drive home. I have never seen car seats on the top of a car. I like the picture I took from the back seat. Our Masai guide has a great ear lobe.

DSCN0699 DSCN0700

On the way home if you stopped near any Masai bomas then million of women would run to sell you things. Paul even speaks Swahili and seemed a little overwhelmed.

Cool kids social study site about Masai for kids: http://www.socialstudiesforkids.com/articles/cultures/masai.htm

DSCN0707 DSCN0708 DSCN0709

More pictures to come once I get David’s camera downloaded.

Peace Joey

No comments: