We aren’t big practice practice practice parents. Cole had 103 fever and tummy cramps all night. We forgot testing was this am. We got there 20 minutes late- but in true Africa time so was everyone else. He was going for green belt. It looked like it might take 30 minutes per kid ughh !!! We didn’t plan for that kind of testing day time commitment. We made it through. Funny these classes are different then classes I would choose in USA. Prosper is good with kids and cares about kids but is a different kind of teacher than a lets all be happy USA teacher. Lots of “do better you little girl, kick higher or you go in the trash can, give me back your belt since you are not good today” kind of teaching/humor. Hard for a USA mom to take sometimes. Cole never seems to mind. In fact he did a great job today. Be proud grandparents!!! I like that the judge had to get up and retie his yellow belt. I like that his white butt got all brown waiting for his turn since there was a huge dust storm. I like that in some of the videos you can hear my voice going AHHHH! at the end of his punches.
No comments:
Post a Comment